Fellow sheepdogs! I have a Questionnaire for you to consider:
1. If you have a fire alarm event and evacuate the building, where does everyone meet?”
2. If someone falls and is injured, how do you control how many phone calls are made to 911 dispatch?
3. If you are contacted by an injured party’s lawyer or insurance company, what documentation would you have compiled during that event that would protect your Church’s corporate interests?
4. If a guest has an OFP against an ex-marriage partner, what systems do you have in place to sort out that unregistered ex-partner trying to withdraw a minor from the children’s ministry?
5. What instructions have you provided your Reception/Guest Services staff if a guest becomes agitated or threatening?
6. Do you have an “end of the day” security procedure that all staff and volunteers abide by?
7. Who is your spokesman in the event of a public occurrence at your facility?
8. What is your policy for Pastoral counseling? Do you outsource?
9. If there is a fire alarm event in one wing of the building, do you isolate and evacuate that wing or the entire facility?
10. If you have an Emergency Response Team, what information do you supply them with in regards to troubled individuals that may attend services?
11. In regards to due diligence….how often does your emergency plans require staff and volunteers to discuss or train for eventualities: fire, foul weather and active shooter?
12. Does your insurance policy or the Law truly cover YOU as you participate in the intervention tactics your church has devised?
If you are needing answers to any of these questions, this conference is a gathering of YOUR peers that will provide you with the contacts you need to get answers to these issues that can affect the corporate AND community health of your church.
(There are a few updates below.) **
Please register soon and join us for this great get together. Also, share the registration information with neighboring church associates.
This event has been endorsed by Minnesota Association of Church Facility Managers www.macfm.org
“Thom Ranier in his December 14, 2015 “16 trends in American Churches in 2016” declares Church Security as the fastest growing ministry! Read More
2nd Annual EFCA North Central District Church Security Summit
Join us at Constance EFC and learn from our team of experts.
Saturday February 18, 2017
from 9 a.m. to 4 pm
Constance Free Church
16150 Crosstown Blvd. NW
Andover, MN 55304
Continental breakfast and lunch of smoked pulled pork are included.
Video greeting from District Superintendent Tom Mouw
· 9:00-9:50: Dan Beyers “Abuse and the Church: What are the Issues and What Should Be our Response?”
· 10:00-10:55: Scott Hintermeyer - Pastor of Worship, Grace EFC Fridley “How to Build an ERT Team in Your Spare Time.”
· 10:55-11:10: Break
· 11:10-12:00: Philip Haataja - Account Mgr. N.A.C. Mechanical and Electrical Services-“Designing Security Systems in a Remodel or New Construction.”
· 12:00 1:00: Lunch in Gallery…or:
· 12:00-1:00: Lunch in Community Room - Dave Sohm President Mission Critical Concepts “Considerations for Armed Response.”
· 1:00-1:50: Chris Temp, Account Manager, Security/Fire Div. UHL Co.“Security Technologies.”
· 2:10-3:00: Megan Mrozek, Regional Disaster Officer American Red Cross "Furthering Your Church's Relevence: Partnering with the Red Cross" **
· 3:00-4:00: Todd Schroeder, Capt. Coon Rapids Police Reserve Dept. and Director of Security, Constance E.F.C. - “Record Keeping and Due Diligence.”
· Conference closed in Prayer by Greg Essig, Security Director, Living word Christian Center **